What is Home Health Care?
Home Health Care involves providing patients with a wide variety of health care services at home that are administered by skilled professionals. Healthcare professionals work closely with patients and their families to develop specialized health plans designed towards maximizing overall health and wellness.
Who is eligible for Home Health Care?
An individual is eligible to benefit from home health care under Medicare if they have checked the following prerequisites:
- Physician or doctor approves the patient as being viable to receive and benefit from home health care.
- If the patient’s condition requires skilled nursing care or therapy to be administered regularly.
- If the patient has a condition that restricts their movement and requires them bound to their home.
What are the benefits of Home Health Care?
- Home health care helps prevent rehospitalization, postpones institutionalization, and reduces the need for urgent care.
- Home health is one-on-one care and is tailored to your specific needs.
- Home health care is designed around your schedule, in the comfort and privacy of your home.
- Home health care costs are significantly less than a hospital or facility care. Medicare pays 100% for qualified patients.
Am I covered for Home Health Care?
When it comes to payments for Home Health Care, eligible patients can rest assured that Medicare pays 100% of the cost of home health care services. Depending on your state, your private insurance provider can also pay for the costs.